Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) review and user opinions
Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) has been launched recently. This smartphone gaining good reviews in the market of Android world and is successor to the Redmi Y1 in India.Xiaomi Redmi S2 features a 5.99-inch HD+ LCD display.The company’s latest highlights is this selfie smartphone with demanded features. It has 16-megapixel front camera.The selfie camera is with AI-based features like ‘Portrait Mode’ and ‘Smart Beauty’. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and two storage options of 32GB and 64GB and also on offer is a microSD card slot for further expansion.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 : Full Specifications & Features
- Body and color : Plastic body with vibrant trendy colors.
- Screen size : 5.99″ IPS LCD display, 269ppi, 720 x 1,440 pixels
- SIM Accessibility : Dual-SIM (nano-SIM)
- Chipset: Snapdragon 625 chipset: octa-core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 processor; Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 3 or 4 GB
- Storage capacity : 32GB/64GB of built-in storage
- Camera: Dual: 12MP F/2.2 + 5MP, LED flash, phase detection auto focus, 1080p@30fps video with EIS
- OS: Android OS v8.1 Oreo, MIUI v9.5
- Selfie: 16MP front-facing camera, HDR, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video
- Connectivity features : LTE, microUSB port, Dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Bluetooth v4.2, IR blaster
- Battery backup : 3,080mAh non-removable battery
- Miscelaneous : Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) specialities
Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) also has come with HDR support, phase detection auto focus (PDAF), electronic image stabilisation (EIS), and full HD video recording support.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Redmi Y2) specifications
In addition to the selfie camera, Xiaomi Redmi S2 also houses a dual-camera setup at the rear which is a combination of 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel sensors. On the software front, it runs Android-based MIUI 9 out-of-the-box. Its connectivity options include dual-SIM support, 4G VoLTE support, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack, and a rear fingerprint sensor. The smartphone also supports ‘Face Unlock’.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 price
In China, Xiaomi Redmi S2 launched at a starting price of CNY 999 which rounds off to Rs 10,000 approximately. The 64GB storage model of Redmi S2 is priced at CNY 1299 (Rs 14,000 approximately).
Xiaomi Redmi S2 specifications Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) Alternatives, pros and cons and verdict
Even if we try to argue against the Xiaomi Redmi S2, we fail to find any point against Xiaomi Redmi S2 miserably. It’s one of the most powerful quality of Xiaomi Redmi S2 smartphones not only within its price bracket but its other quality features as well.