What do you mean by WordPress?
WordPress is web-software that anyone can use to create a beautiful website or blog.
Originally, WordPress was designed as web software for creating blogs. But, thanks to its open source platform, and the thousands of programmers that comprise the WordPress community, WordPress has become the most-used content management system (CMS) on the Internet today.
How Can WordPress Help You?
WordPress is simple to use. WordPress can help you create and maintain a full-sized, multi-page, media-rich website for any kind of business.
5 Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Website:
- Ease of Use – No HTML or CSS Required
You can use WordPress as a website without any knowledge of HTML or CSS text or graphics formatting. WordPress offers a WYSIWYG editor for your pages and posts, and you can change elements of your website easily with no technical expertise.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
No need to study and implement a ton of SEO techniques. WordPress is inherently dynamic and SEO-friendly. Search engines loves fresh content, so updating your WordPress site adds to your search engine ranking.
- Unlimited Themes
While the term ‘unlimited’ is perhaps unrealistic, there are countless WordPress themes that will likely fit your needs. Many themes are free while others are paid. You should be able to find a theme for any niche you can think of. WordPress has their own theme directory and is a great place to start researching the many available themes.
Finding a theme is fun, and even when you find a free or paid theme that you love, you will want to customize the theme to meet your own unique brand.
- Plugins for Maximum Functionality
You can use any of the thousands of plugins online to add specific functionality to your WordPress website. You don’t even have to worry about SEO, because plugins look after that for you, optimizing your site so it gets listed by search engines such as Google.
- Easy Updating
It is easy to update a WordPress website. All you need do is click on ‘Add Post’ or ‘Add Page” and there you have it.
– Pages and Posts. You have a choice of two types of online publication with WordPress. Standard websites offer only static pages, but with a WordPress website you can choose whether a page or article will be a static page that can be included in your navigation bar, or a post to which your visitors can make comments.
– No need for any coding knowledge or even to understand how your CMS system works. You can use the site as your main website and include events and blogs for timely updates.